How can getting my beauty rest help to prevent acne?

Getting plenty of sleep is important to keep your immune system functioning optimally, which can help keep acne under control. However, many people get plenty of sleep and still suffer with acne breakouts. Lack of sleep is not always to blame for acne. Instead, your hormones could be the culprit. Hormonal changes appear to stimulate the oil-producing (sebaceous) skin glands and trigger acne. In addition, if you are prone to acne, external triggers such as cosmetics, facial creams, hair gels, and greasy hair products may trigger a breakout. Clothing or sports equipment such as helmets that touch your skin may worsen existing acne. Even stress is an acne trigger. The good news is that by starting effective prevention and treatment measures early, you can manage acne breakouts and keep this common skin condition controlled. 

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

How can I prevent acne?
With a little know-how, you can minimize or potentially eliminate occasional adult acne outbreaks on...
How can I change my diet to help reduce acne?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
From an ayurvedic perspective, the health of your skin is directly related to your diet. In fact, on...
How should I wash my face to help prevent acne?
Keeping your pores clean is important to preventing bacterial overgrowth and acne. Pores get clogged...
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?