If I follow a strict diet, can I prevent acne?

Despite a common belief that certain foods including fatty foods, chocolate and seafood can cause acne, there is no evidence to support this. In general, everyone should follow a healthy, well-balanced diet.

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

What are some suggestions to control my acne?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
Sometimes acne can be controlled simply by using over-the-counter skin care acne products, but many ...
Will my acne go away now that I'm no longer a teenager?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
One of the greatest myths about acne is that it occurs only in teenagers and that if you can get...
How can I avoid exercise-related acne?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
Exercise-related acne is usually caused by friction or something that touches the skin (sweat, chemi...
Why should people with acne avoid touching their face?
Acne is primarily caused by bacteria on the face, and if you touch your face often it can cause ...