What are the treatment options for the inability to orgasm?

Treatment for anorgasmia, or the inability to orgasm, may vary depending on the underlying cause. If an illness or medication is making it difficult for you to orgasm, your doctor may recommend treatment for that illness or may switch your medications to something with no sexual side effects. Sometimes, doctors may prescribe hormone supplements (either estrogen or testosterone) to help increase your ability to orgasm. In most cases, though, treatment consists of working with your partner to find strategies that work for you. If relationship problems are causing anorgasmia, couples' counseling or sex therapy may be helpful. Simple talking to your partner and trying out new sexual positions or activities may also help you figure out what feels best to you.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Sex isn't necessarily better when it's longer. If you're not hitting all the right spots, she's not ...
How can I cope with delayed ejaculation?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Focus more on foreplay during sex. The spark of novelty, anticipation, sharing fantasies and other p...
How can I achieve the best orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
There is only one kind of orgasm. Sure, you can achieve it in different ways. But in the end, an org...
How can I have an orgasm if I’ve never have had one?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Just because you haven’t had an orgasm doesn’t mean you can’t have one. Your first orgasm will be ea...