What are the treatment options for the inability to orgasm?

Treatment for anorgasmia, or the inability to orgasm, may vary depending on the underlying cause. If an illness or medication is making it difficult for you to orgasm, your doctor may recommend treatment for that illness or may switch your medications to something with no sexual side effects. Sometimes, doctors may prescribe hormone supplements (either estrogen or testosterone) to help increase your ability to orgasm. In most cases, though, treatment consists of working with your partner to find strategies that work for you. If relationship problems are causing anorgasmia, couples' counseling or sex therapy may be helpful. Simple talking to your partner and trying out new sexual positions or activities may also help you figure out what feels best to you.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I have an orgasm if I am not trying to?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Learn to enjoy the lovely sensation of sexual arousal. You’re watching your arousal grow. You’re rel...
Can I give myself an orgasm?
It's possible to have an orgasm without having sexual intercourse and even without another person. Y...
Why should my partner see a doctor if he has delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Get a clean bill of health for your partner if he has delayed ejaculation (DE) -- consistent trouble...
What is delayed ejaculation?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
Delayed ejaculation occurs when a man is able to have an erection but isn't able to ejaculate. T...