Should I talk to my doctor about my inability to orgasm?

Samuel Wood, MD
Reproductive Endocrinology
Many doctors don't ask their patients about sexual dysfunction or ability to orgasm, because there aren't proven solutions for women. Watch reproductive endocrinologist Samuel Wood, MD/PhD, discuss why it's key to share all concerns with your doctor.

If you are worried about your inability to orgasm, you can talk to your doctor to find possible solutions to your problem. The inability to orgasm, called anorgasmia, is actually quite common among women - sources estimate that one in five women have some difficulty having an orgasm. Whether you've never had an orgasm, used to have orgasms and now can't, or can only experience orgasms in certain situations, you may be able to work with a doctor or therapist to find ways to improve your sex life.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

What is delayed ejaculation?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
Delayed ejaculation occurs when a man is able to have an erection but isn't able to ejaculate. T...
How can I reach orgasm if my partner has premature ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
There's a whole world of sexual activities that have nothing to do with when a guy ejaculates -- or ...
Why is orgasm hard to achieve early in a relationship?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
A woman is less likely to have orgasms early in a relationship. Her body needs time to adapt to the ...
Is something wrong if I don't orgasm every time I have sex?
Most likely, nothing is wrong if you don't have an orgasm every time you have sex. In fact, it's pre...