Should I talk to my doctor about my inability to orgasm?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you are worried about your inability to orgasm, you can talk to your doctor to find possible solutions to your problem. The inability to orgasm, called anorgasmia, is actually quite common among women - sources estimate that one in five women have some difficulty having an orgasm. Whether you've never had an orgasm, used to have orgasms and now can't, or can only experience orgasms in certain situations, you may be able to work with a doctor or therapist to find ways to improve your sex life.

Samuel Wood, MD
Reproductive Endocrinology
Many doctors don't ask their patients about sexual dysfunction or ability to orgasm, because there aren't proven solutions for women. Watch reproductive endocrinologist Samuel Wood, MD/PhD, discuss why it's key to share all concerns with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

Can I have an orgasm without realizing it?
The intensity of an orgasm may vary from person to person, but people usually realize that they're h...
What medications can cause delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
A number of medications can have delayed ejaculation (DE) as a side effect. Tops on the list are...
What kind of emotional factors can affect my ability to orgasm?
Dr. Marsha LucasDr. Marsha Lucas
Boredom is just one of many things that can get in the way of a great orgasm, says neuropsychologist...
How can I reach orgasm if my partner has premature ejaculation?
There's a whole world of sexual activities that have nothing to do with when a guy ejaculates -- or ...