How can I improve my ability to orgasm?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Many people experience trouble having an orgasm at some point in their lives, but there are many ways you can improve your ability to orgasm. An important part of being able to orgasm is knowing what feels good to you, so take some time to get to know your body. Many women require clitoral stimulation - not just vaginal intercourse - to have an orgasm, and certain sex positions may feel better than others. Experiment with a variety of positions and techniques to find out what works best for you. Also, relationship problems can play a huge role in problems orgasming. Having a close relationship with your partner can help improve your ability to orgasm, so if necessary, seek couples' counseling or sex therapy to help your sex life. Other factors like stress, anxiety, and fatigue may affect your ability to orgasm, so improve your ability by getting enough rest and reducing your stress levels.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

Why is orgasm hard to achieve early in a relationship?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
A woman is less likely to have orgasms early in a relationship. Her body needs time to adapt to the ...
Can I give myself an orgasm?
It's possible to have an orgasm without having sexual intercourse and even without another person. Y...
How can I achieve the best orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
There is only one kind of orgasm. Sure, you can achieve it in different ways. But in the end, an org...
How can I have an orgasm if I am not trying to?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Learn to enjoy the lovely sensation of sexual arousal. You’re watching your arousal grow. You’re rel...