How can I improve my ability to orgasm?

The better you know your body, the better your chance of having a fulfilling sex life. However, women after age 40 often suffer the same problem they did at age 20: They obsess over finding the G-spot. But the G-spot is hardly the only road to sexual nirvana. Female orgasms can happen in a variety of ways including stimulation of the clitoris, vaginal stimulation, or a combination of both. 

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Many people experience trouble having an orgasm at some point in their lives, but there are many ways you can improve your ability to orgasm. An important part of being able to orgasm is knowing what feels good to you, so take some time to get to know your body. Many women require clitoral stimulation - not just vaginal intercourse - to have an orgasm, and certain sex positions may feel better than others. Experiment with a variety of positions and techniques to find out what works best for you. Also, relationship problems can play a huge role in problems orgasming. Having a close relationship with your partner can help improve your ability to orgasm, so if necessary, seek couples' counseling or sex therapy to help your sex life. Other factors like stress, anxiety, and fatigue may affect your ability to orgasm, so improve your ability by getting enough rest and reducing your stress levels.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I have an orgasm during sex?
Debby HerbenickDebby Herbenick
First, focus on the pleasure of sex, not orgasm as a goal, which adds anxiety. That said, try to...
How can I achieve the best orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
There is only one kind of orgasm. Sure, you can achieve it in different ways. But in the end, an org...
Is something wrong if I don't orgasm every time I have sex?
Most likely, nothing is wrong if you don't have an orgasm every time you have sex. In fact, it's pre...
What medications can cause delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
A number of medications can have delayed ejaculation (DE) as a side effect. Tops on the list are...