How can I have an orgasm if I am not trying to?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed

Learn to enjoy the lovely sensation of sexual arousal. You’re watching your arousal grow. You’re relaxing into the knowledge that your body is capable of bringing you pleasure and gratification. You’re celebrating this messy, noisy, awkward, cumbersome, beautiful gift you were given as a prize for being born -- your body -- and exploring its capabilities. It’s like you’ve just got a new toy -- a car, a phone, whatever -- and you’re testing out all the cool things it can do, and finding it can do way more extracool stuff than you ever expected.

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I give a woman an orgasm without intercourse?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
In my experience, one of the most effective and satisfying ways to get a woman off is with oral sex,...
How can I help my partner have a female orgasm?
Debby HerbenickDebby Herbenick
First, don’t make orgasm a goal, which only adds anxiety. That said, try touching her clitoris d...
How can I improve my ability to orgasm?
The better you know your body, the better your chance of having a fulfilling sex life. However, wome...
Do orgasms affect men differently than women?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
All men have a point of what we call "ejaculatory inevitability" during sex when they can't hold bac...