How do medications treat the inability to orgasm?

Most of the time, medications aren't used as a primary treatment for anorgasmia, or the inability to orgasm. Sometimes, medications may be used to treat underlying medical conditions that are causing anorgasmia. Other times, medications themselves are the cause for the inability to orgasm, so medications may have to be switched or adjusted as a way to treat the problem. In some cases, doctors may recommend hormone therapy to treat anorgasmia. This treatment involves taking hormone supplements, either estrogen or testosterone, to replace these sex hormones if they're not produced naturally by the body. These supplements are available in a variety of forms, including pills, patches, and gels, and they may improve your ability to orgasm. Talk to your doctor to determine the best treatment for you.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

Why should my partner see a doctor if he has delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Get a clean bill of health for your partner if he has delayed ejaculation (DE) -- consistent trouble...
What are psychological causes of delayed ejaculation?
Some men with delayed ejaculation (DE) may get physiologically aroused when they're with a partner b...
How can I achieve the best orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
There is only one kind of orgasm. Sure, you can achieve it in different ways. But in the end, an org...
Can I give myself an orgasm?
It's possible to have an orgasm without having sexual intercourse and even without another person. Y...