What is Tylenol used for?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is used to treat mild and moderate pain and/ or fever. Examples include headache, menstrual cramps,  and joint pain. Acetaminophen has various doses,  including extra strength. Caution must be used to take the medication, as directed, and not exceed the label recommendations. Excessive Tylenol dosages  have been associated with liver and kidney complications. Children's Tylenol directions include dosing by weight to avoid toxicity. It is also important to determine the reason for Tylenol usage, since there may be a need to seek medical supervision, if pain and/or fever persists.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

How can an acetaminophen overdose in children be prevented?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your child is at risk of experiencing an overdose if you administer the adult formulation or the...
Can I take acetaminophen when pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Although acetaminophen is generally less effective for treating headache than aspirin or nonster...
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
What Are the Risks of Taking Acetaminophen?