Should I let my doctor know I am taking paracetamol?

Because of the side effects and interactions that can result from using paracetamol (more commonly known as acetaminophen), you should let your doctor know that you are taking it. Your doctor may need to adjust the prescriptions of certain drugs due to potential reactions with paracetamol. Blood thinners, seizure medications and cold and allergy medicines in particular might be impacted. Also, if you have serious side effects of taking paracetamol, including fever, rashes and jaundice, knowing that you are taking it can help your doctor diagnose the problem more quickly. Paracetamol also can change the results of certain lab tests, so your doctor should be aware that you are taking it.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

How effective is acetaminophen for treating migraine?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Acetaminophen reduces moderate to severe migraine pain down to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50...
What should I know about aceteminophen and continuous glucose monitors?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Some CGM sensors don’t like acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol). If you need to routinely take me...
What Are the Risks of Taking Acetaminophen?
How to Treat a Bee Sting
How to Treat a Bee Sting