Should I take acetaminophen while drinking alcohol?

While acetaminophen is quite safe when used correctly, it combines very badly with alcohol. Your liver can't take it. So consider this a public service message from us: do not drink alcohol and take acetaminophen, whether for a hangover or a head cold.

That's smart advice for all drugs, but it's vital with acetaminophen. Keep in mind, too, that acetaminophen is in many, many other medications, from Theraflu to Percocet. Acknowledging the problem, Johnson & Johnson is reducing acetaminophen dosages in maximum-strength Tylenol and various other formulations. Still, it's up to you to take it safely. Please, please do.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

How to Treat a Bee Sting
How to Treat a Bee Sting
Play It Safe When You Take Acetaminophen
What Are the Risks of Taking Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?