What is the maximum daily dosage for paracetamol?

The maximum daily dosage of paracetamol (more commonly known as acetaminophen) for adults is 4,000 milligrams (mg.). Alcoholics should limit acetaminophen intake to 2,000 mg. or less per day. You should not take paracetamol for more than 10 days in a row.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

Should I let my doctor know I am taking acetaminophen?
You should always talk to your doctor if you are planning on taking acetaminophen or any other medic...
How does acetaminophen relieve menstrual symptoms?
Acetaminophen relieves pain from cramps by blocking the feeling of pain in the central nervous syste...
Can acetaminophen alleviate headaches?
Acetaminophen is an analgesic that is used for treating mild to moderate headache pain. If heada...
What are the risks of taking acetaminophen?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
The biggest risk of taking too much acetaminophen is that is can cause liver damage, which has a...