How should I take paracetamol?

The typical recommended adult dosage for paracetamol (more commonly known as acetaminophen) is 325 to 650 milligrams (mg.) every four to six hours as needed. Paracetamol comes in a variety of forms that you take by mouth, including tablets, capsules and liquid. It also comes in a rectal suppository. When you take paracetamol by mouth, take it with water. Chewable and dissolving tablets are intended to be chewed or allowed to dissolve in your mouth before swallowing, but they also can be swallowed whole.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

What should I know before taking acetaminophen?
Before taking acetaminophen you should know if any other medications that you take contain acetamino...
How does acetaminophen relieve pain?
Acetaminophen is an antipyretic and analgesic which means it works to reduce fever and lessen pain. ...
Play It Safe When You Take Acetaminophen
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?