How should I take acetaminophen?

Because there are many different types and combinations of acetaminophen, there are also many different ways to take it. You should follow instructions from your doctor and directions printed on the medication container. Acetaminophen is available in a variety of forms including tablet, capsule, liquid, drops, extended-release, quick-dissolve or suppository. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health care provider or poison control center immediately.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

What is acetaminophen?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Acetaminophen is the generic name of an active ingredient found in many over-the-counter (OTC) produ...
What can I take instead of acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain relief?
Instead of relying on one medication to relieve your constant pain, you can switch back and fort...
Can I take acetaminophen when pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Although acetaminophen is generally less effective for treating headache than aspirin or nonster...
What should I know before taking acetaminophen?
Before taking acetaminophen you should know if any other medications that you take contain acetamino...