How should I handle Tylenol poisoning symptoms?

Immediately call 911 or the local poison control when Tylenol (acetaminophen) poisoning is suspected. The sooner a poisoning victim is treated (within two hours of ingestion is good), the greater the chance of reducing the severity of any liver damage. During this time, remedies can be applied to reduce the absorption of acetaminophen by the liver.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

How can an acetaminophen overdose in children be prevented?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your child is at risk of experiencing an overdose if you administer the adult formulation or the...
Can acetaminophen alleviate headaches?
Acetaminophen is an analgesic that is used for treating mild to moderate headache pain. If heada...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking acetaminophen?
You should always talk to your doctor if you are planning on taking acetaminophen or any other medic...
Does acetaminophen (Tylenol) help osteoarthritis pain?
Most experts on osteoarthritis consider acetaminophen the initial medication of choice for controlli...