How can an acetaminophen overdose in children be prevented?

Your child is at risk of experiencing an overdose if you administer the adult formulation or the wrong pediatric formulation, calculate the wrong dose for your child's weight, or use the wrong dosing device. To avoid these errors, you should use the measuring tool packaged with the medicine and keep a record of the treatment times and the doses you give your child. Share this record with caregivers so they will know how much acetaminophen your child has taken.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

What are the risks of taking too much acetaminophen?
Acetaminophen is one of the most popular painkillers in the country. It’s mostly known as the ac...
What should I avoid while taking acetaminophen?
Until you know how you will react to acetaminophen, you should not drive or operate any heavy machin...
What can I take instead of acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain relief?
Instead of relying on one medication to relieve your constant pain, you can switch back and fort...
How to Treat a Bee Sting
How to Treat a Bee Sting