How can an acetaminophen overdose in children be prevented?

Your child is at risk of experiencing an overdose if you administer the adult formulation or the wrong pediatric formulation, calculate the wrong dose for your child's weight, or use the wrong dosing device. To avoid these errors, you should use the measuring tool packaged with the medicine and keep a record of the treatment times and the doses you give your child. Share this record with caregivers so they will know how much acetaminophen your child has taken.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

What should I know before taking acetaminophen?
Before taking acetaminophen you should know if any other medications that you take contain acetamino...
Can medication help prevent liver failure from an acetaminophen overdose?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
"People who go into acute liver failure from an acetaminophen overdose experience three phases," say...
What Are the Risks of Taking Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?