Does paracetamol cause liver damage?

Paracetamol (more commonly known as acetaminophen) may cause liver damage if not taken as directed and if it is taken together with alcohol. Taking excessive amounts of either paracetamol or alcohol in combination can cause serious damage to your liver. The maximum amount of paracetamol that most people should take in one day is 4,000 milligrams (mg.). However, if you drink more than three alcoholic beverages a day, the most you should take in a day is 2,000 mg. Even then, you are still at risk for liver damage.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

What is a good safety rule when taking acetaminophen?
The daily upper limit for acetaminophen is 4 grams, or 4,000 milligrams (mg). However, it is not rec...
When should I avoid taking acetaminophen?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
You should not take acetaminophen-containing products if you consume three or more alcoholic dri...
What Are the Risks of Taking Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?