Can I take too much acetaminophen?

It is possible to take too much acetaminophen. Too much acetaminophen can result in an overdose, of which symptoms include: flu-like conditions, yellow skin and eyes, pain in the upper stomach, abnormal bleeding and bruising, fatigue, increased perspiration, loss of appetite, vomiting and nausea. If you experience symptoms of an acetaminophen overdose, make sure to contact your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

What should I know about aceteminophen and continuous glucose monitors?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Some CGM sensors don’t like acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol). If you need to routinely take me...
What is a good safety rule when taking acetaminophen?
Never take more than 8 tablets (4,000 mg) of acetaminophen a day. Don't take 4,000 mg in one dose; t...
How is acetaminophen misused?
To relieve pain from ailments ranging from headaches to menstrual cramps, many people reach for the ...
What is Acetaminophen?
What is Acetaminophen?