Can I take too much acetaminophen?

It is definitely possible to take too much acetaminophen, which can ultimately cause damage to the liver. Watch pain management expert Devi Nampiaparampil, MD, explain why people tend to take too much, and why it's dangerous.

It is possible to take too much acetaminophen. Too much acetaminophen can result in an overdose, of which symptoms include: flu-like conditions, yellow skin and eyes, pain in the upper stomach, abnormal bleeding and bruising, fatigue, increased perspiration, loss of appetite, vomiting and nausea. If you experience symptoms of an acetaminophen overdose, make sure to contact your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

How does acetaminophen relieve menstrual symptoms?
Acetaminophen relieves pain from cramps by blocking the feeling of pain in the central nervous syste...
How can I find out if a medication contains acetaminophen?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
You can determine if an over-the-counter (OTC) medicine contains acetaminophen by checking the p...
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
What is Acetaminophen?
What is Acetaminophen?