What should I know about aceteminophen and continuous glucose monitors?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Some CGM sensors don’t like acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol). If you need to routinely take medications with acetaminophen you might want to steer clear of these systems, as the medication will cause false high readings.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

Does acetaminophen (Tylenol) help osteoarthritis pain?
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is a drug that may help relieve pain for people with mild or moderate osteoa...
What should I avoid while taking acetaminophen?
Until you know how you will react to acetaminophen, you should not drive or operate any heavy machin...
How to Bring Down a HIgh Fever
How to Bring Down a HIgh Fever
Play It Safe When You Take Acetaminophen