What should I know about aceteminophen and continuous glucose monitors?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Some CGM sensors don’t like acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol). If you need to routinely take medications with acetaminophen you might want to steer clear of these systems, as the medication will cause false high readings.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

Can acetaminophen alleviate headaches?
Acetaminophen is an analgesic that is used for treating mild to moderate headache pain. If heada...
What happens if I miss a dose of acetaminophen?
Acetaminophen is usually taken as needed for pain relief, so missing a dose will mean that it will j...
How to Bring Down a HIgh Fever
How to Bring Down a HIgh Fever
How to Treat a Bee Sting
How to Treat a Bee Sting