Who should take fosinopril?

Fosinopril can be used by itself or combined with other medications to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. As an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, fosinopril helps block action of chemicals (angiotensin II enzymes) in the bloodstream that are involved in a process of tightening the muscles of the blood vessels. This widens the blood vessels and helps reduce the pressure through which the heart has to pump blood. Fosinopril has been known to treat people with high blood pressure (hypertension), as well as preventing stroke, kidney disease and heart failure that may be caused by heart disorders.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

Do ACE inhibitors have any drug interactions?
If you are taking the following drugs, ACE inhibitors can lead to side effects and should be avoided...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for coronary artery disease?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the hormone angiotensin 2. This limits the amount of sodi...
How effective are angiotensin receptor blockers for heart failure?
ARBs are sometimes considered as alternatives to ACE inhibitors for people with heart failure after ...