When can I stop taking Mavik?

You should not stop taking Mavik (trandolapril) to treat high blood pressure without consulting your doctor. Do not discontinue Mavik on your own even if you feel well, because your high blood pressure will return.

Mavik also is used to improve heart function after a heart attack. If that's the reason you're taking this drug, you should start within two days of the heart attack and continue taking it for as long as four years.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What are ACE inhibitor drugs for coronary artery disease management?
ACE inhibitors relax blood vessels by reducing the level of angiotensin II, a hormone that makes blo...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
Why are ACE inhibitor medications beneficial if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
An angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor is an oral medicine that lowers blood pressure. For...
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for coronary artery disease?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the hormone angiotensin 2. This limits the amount of sodi...