What should I avoid while taking benazepril?

While taking benazepril (Lotensin) you should avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol lowers blood pressure, which can intensify the blood pressure-lowering effect of benazepril. You should also avoid using any salt substitutes that contain potassium, unless recommended by your doctor.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What should I know before taking ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...