While taking benazepril (Lotensin) you should avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol lowers blood pressure, which can intensify the blood pressure-lowering effect of benazepril. You should also avoid using any salt substitutes that contain potassium, unless recommended by your doctor.
- Q Is there a brand version of benazapril?
- Q How does benazepril treat high blood pressure?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of benazepril?
- Q What are the side effects of benazepril?
- Q Is benazepril (Lotensin) safe to use while pregnant or breast-feeding?
- Q Does benazepril interact with other medications or foods?