While taking benazepril (Lotensin) you should avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol lowers blood pressure, which can intensify the blood pressure-lowering effect of benazepril. You should also avoid using any salt substitutes that contain potassium, unless recommended by your doctor.
- Q What is Benazepril?
- Q How is benazepril used to prevent kidney damage?
- Q Is benazepril (Lotensin) safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q Are cough & fatigue side effects of Benazepril?
- Q How does benazepril treat high blood pressure?
- Q Who should not take benazepril (Lotensin)?