What should I do if I miss a dose of Prinivil?

If you're taking Prinivil (lisinopril) and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it's almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue to follow your regular schedule. Never take two doses to make up for a missed dose. Prinivil is prescribed to treat high blood pressure and congestive heart failure and after heart attack to increase the odds of survival.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

Why are ACE inhibitor medications beneficial if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
An angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor is an oral medicine that lowers blood pressure. For...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing diabetes?
People with diabetes should have a blood pressure goal of 140/90 or less. ARBs (angiotensin receptor...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...