What is Mavik?

Mavik (trandolapril) is a medication used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) and to improve the odds of survival for people who develop heart failure after a heart attack. It is what's called an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which means that it blocks the effect of a certain enzyme, reducing chemicals that cause blood vessels to constrict. This helps blood to flow more easily and the heart to pump more efficiently. ACE inhibitors also lower blood pressure by helping to limit salt and water retention in the body.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What are ACE inhibitors?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) stop producti...
What are ACE inhibitor drugs for coronary artery disease management?
ACE inhibitors relax blood vessels by reducing the level of angiotensin II, a hormone that makes blo...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing heart failure?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective for patients with systolic heart failure. AC...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...