What is Fosinopril Sodium?

Fosinopril Sodium is a prescription medication that treats high blood pressure. Fosinopril Sodium is an angiotension converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor that decreases the presence of certain chemicals that constrict blood vessels. This relaxes the vessels, improves blood flow, and decreases the effort required to pump blood. While Fosinopril Sodium does not cure high blood pressure, it can help you control it. It is also know by the brand name Monopril.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What are angiotensin receptor blockers for heart failure management?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) are sometimes prescribed as first-line therapy for people with ...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...
What are side effects of ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects may include swelling of the lips, face, or limbs, coughing, rashes, headaches, dizzines...
What should I know before taking ACE inhibitors?
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...