What is Fosinopril Sodium?

Fosinopril Sodium is a prescription medication that treats high blood pressure. Fosinopril Sodium is an angiotension converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor that decreases the presence of certain chemicals that constrict blood vessels. This relaxes the vessels, improves blood flow, and decreases the effort required to pump blood. While Fosinopril Sodium does not cure high blood pressure, it can help you control it. It is also know by the brand name Monopril.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...
Why are ACE inhibitor medications beneficial if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
An angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor is an oral medicine that lowers blood pressure. For...
Can I take angiotensin converting enyme (ACE) inhibitors if I'm pregnant?
Research shows that using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors during pregnancy, especiall...