How does lisinopril treat high blood pressure?

Lisinopril inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), the enzyme that helps keep tension in the walls of your blood vessels to regulate blood pressure. Reducing the amount of ACE in your body can help blood vessels to relax, lowering blood pressure. Lisinopril may be used in combination with other drugs to help treat high blood pressure.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
How do ACE inhibitors help prevent stroke?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
ACE inhibitors (benazepril, enalapril) are medications commonly used to prevent ischemic stroke. The...
Do ACE inhibitors have any drug interactions?
If you are taking the following drugs, ACE inhibitors can lead to side effects and should be avoided...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...