What should I know about Captopril before taking it?

Before taking captopril, you should be aware of possible side effects and allergic reactions associated with the drug. Possible side effects of captopril may include low blood pressure, rashes, itching, loss or change of taste, and redness on the upper body, including the arms, upper chest, neck, and face. Captopril users may have allergic reactions to the drug if they are receiving wasp or bee venom to treat sting allergies, if they are undertaking kidney dialysis, or if they are allergic or sensitive to similar drugs like Vasotec. If an user of captopril shows any signs of side effects, they should contact their doctor immediately to ensure that it is not a more serious condition.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What should I know before taking ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
What are side effects of ACE inhibitors?
Side effects may include swelling of the lips, face, or limbs, coughing, rashes, headaches, dizzines...