Is it safe to use Lotensin if I am taking antidiabetic medications?

Experts say you should be cautious about taking the blood pressure drug Lotensin (benazepril) if you are already taking antidiabetic medications, including insulin. Lotensin is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, a class of medications that can increase insulin sensitivity, raising your risk for low blood sugar. If you take Lotensin while using antidiabetic medications, it may be more difficult to control your blood sugar. You and your doctor should monitor your blood sugar (glucose) levels closely.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor