Is Prinivil safe for children?

Prinivil (lisinopril) is considered safe for children ages 6 and over. It may be given to them to treat high blood pressure. Research has shown that Prinivil acts the same in children with high blood pressure between the ages of 6 and 16 as it does in adults. It should not be taken by kids under age 6 or those who have kidney impairment.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

Can I take angiotensin converting enyme (ACE) inhibitors if I'm pregnant?
Research shows that using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors during pregnancy, especiall...
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for coronary artery disease?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the hormone angiotensin 2. This limits the amount of sodi...
How safe are ACE inhibitors?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
In general, ACE inhibitors are quite safe.ACE inhibitors lower blood pressure by blocking angiotensi...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...