Is Prinivil safe for children?

Prinivil (lisinopril) is considered safe for children ages 6 and over. It may be given to them to treat high blood pressure. Research has shown that Prinivil acts the same in children with high blood pressure between the ages of 6 and 16 as it does in adults. It should not be taken by kids under age 6 or those who have kidney impairment.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What should I know before taking ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...
What are ACE inhibitor drugs for heart failure management?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are recommended for all people with systolic heart fa...
Do ACE inhibitors have any drug interactions?
If you are taking the following drugs, ACE inhibitors can lead to side effects and should be avoided...
What can I take for a cough that is caused by my ACE inhibitor medication?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many people with diabetes have problems with high blood pressure. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE...