If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Zestril?

The blood pressure drug Zestril (lisinopril) is what's called an ACE inhibitor -- an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor -- and like others in this class of medications, it can cause injury or death to a developing fetus. Before you start taking Zestril, tell your doctor if you're pregnant or if you plan to become pregnant. If you are on Zestril and become pregnant, stop taking the drug immediately and call your doctor. He or she will place you on a different medication.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing diabetes?
People with diabetes should have a blood pressure goal of 140/90 or less. ARBs (angiotensin receptor...
What are ACE inhibitor drugs for heart failure management?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are recommended for all people with systolic heart fa...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...