If I am pregnant, is it safe to use fosinopril?

It is not safe to take the blood pressure medication fosinopril while you are pregnant. Fosinopril can cause serious harm or be fatal to a developing fetus. If you're taking fosinopril and become pregnant or suspect you may be pregnant, call your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What are side effects of ACE inhibitors?
Side effects may include swelling of the lips, face, or limbs, coughing, rashes, headaches, dizzines...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
What effects do ARBs and ACE inhibitors have on the aging process?
Mark C. Houston, MDMark C. Houston, MD
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are used...
Why are ACE inhibitor medications beneficial if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
An angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor is an oral medicine that lowers blood pressure. For...