If I am pregnant, is it safe to take Vasotec?

If you are pregnant, it is not safe to take Vasotec (enalapril), a drug that treats high blood pressure. Vasotec can cause serious harm and even death to a developing fetus. If you are on Vasotec and find out that you are pregnant, stop taking it right away and call your doctor.

In very rare cases, a woman has no good alternative to Vasotec and stopping it would put her in danger. If this is true for you, your doctor can talk to you about your options.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What are ACE inhibitor drugs for heart failure management?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are recommended for all people with systolic heart fa...
What can I take for a cough that is caused by my ACE inhibitor medication?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many people with diabetes have problems with high blood pressure. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE...
How safe are ACE inhibitors?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
In general, ACE inhibitors are quite safe.ACE inhibitors lower blood pressure by blocking angiotensi...
Do ACE inhibitors have any drug interactions?
If you are taking the following drugs, ACE inhibitors can lead to side effects and should be avoided...