If I am breastfeeding, is it safe to use Lotensin?

If you are breastfeeding, discuss with your doctor whether it is safe for you to use Lotensin (benazepril) for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). Researchers say that very small amounts of Lotensin pass into breast milk.

In making the decision whether you should take Lotensin, you and your doctor should weigh the benefits of nursing, the importance of treating your hypertension and whether there are other treatment options available.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What can I take for a cough that is caused by my ACE inhibitor medication?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many people with diabetes have problems with high blood pressure. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE...
What effects do ARBs and ACE inhibitors have on the aging process?
Mark C. Houston, MDMark C. Houston, MD
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are used...
What should I know before taking ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...
Why are ACE inhibitor medications beneficial if I have diabetes?
An angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor is an oral medicine that lowers blood pressure. For...