How can I minimize the side effects of Prinivil?

To minimize the side effects of Prinivil (lisinopril), a drug prescribed to treat high blood pressure and congestive heart failure and after a heart attack to increase the odds of survival, your doctor will likely start you on a low dose and gradually increase it as needed. Take Prinivil exactly as your doctor prescribes, at around the same time every day. Do not change the dosage or stop taking Prinivil without talking to your doctor.

Be aware that if you have diarrhea or vomiting, or if you are sweating a lot or not getting enough fluids, you may be prone to light-headedness and fainting, which are possible side effects of Prinivil.

Some medications and supplements may interact with Prinivil. Be sure to tell your doctor about all the medicines (prescription and over-the-counter) and dietary supplements you take. Do not take any new one without first talking to your doctor.

Certain medical conditions can increase your risk for side effects. Give your doctor a complete medical history before taking Prinivil.

Talk to your doctor about the best way to prevent pregnancy while taking Prinivil. The drug may cause serious harm, even death, to a developing fetus. If you do become pregnant, stop taking Prinivil and call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...
Can I take angiotensin converting enyme (ACE) inhibitors if I'm pregnant?
Research shows that using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors during pregnancy, especiall...
What are ACE inhibitor drugs for heart failure management?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are recommended for all people with systolic heart fa...
Why are ACE inhibitor medications beneficial if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
An angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor is an oral medicine that lowers blood pressure. For...