How should I take quinapril?

You should take quinapril exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is usually taken once or twice a day. You should take it on an empty stomach one hour before or two hours after eating. Your doctor will likely prescribe a low dose to start at the beginning of treatment and then slowly increase the amount of medication. If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for you next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. While quinapril treats high blood pressure, it is not a cure. Your symptoms may improve, but you will need to continue taking quinapril for the benefits. Do not stop taking quinapril all at once, as this can lead to serious side effects.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing diabetes?
People with diabetes should have a blood pressure goal of 140/90 or less. ARBs (angiotensin receptor...
What can I take for a cough that is caused by my ACE inhibitor medication?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many people with diabetes have problems with high blood pressure. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...
What are side effects of ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects may include swelling of the lips, face, or limbs, coughing, rashes, headaches, dizzines...