Benazepril (Lotensin), an angiotensin-converting enzyme -- or ACE inhibitor -- treats high blood pressure by decreasing the formation of angiotensin II (a substance that constricts arteries and raises blood pressure). When levels of angiotensin II are lowered, arteries relax and blood pressure is lowered.
- Q What should I know about Benazepril before taking it?
- Q Is benazepril (Lotensin) safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q Are cough & fatigue side effects of Benazepril?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of benazepril?
- Q How is benazepril used to prevent kidney damage?
- Q What side effects does Benazepril (Lotensin) cause?