Benazepril (Lotensin), an angiotensin-converting enzyme -- or ACE inhibitor -- treats high blood pressure by decreasing the formation of angiotensin II (a substance that constricts arteries and raises blood pressure). When levels of angiotensin II are lowered, arteries relax and blood pressure is lowered.
- Q Is there a brand version of benazapril?
- Q What are the side effects of benazepril?
- Q Is benazepril (Lotensin) safe to use while pregnant or breast-feeding?
- Q How should I take benazepril?
- Q What is Benazepril?
- Q Does benazepril interact with other medications or foods?