Benazepril (Lotensin), an angiotensin-converting enzyme -- or ACE inhibitor -- treats high blood pressure by decreasing the formation of angiotensin II (a substance that constricts arteries and raises blood pressure). When levels of angiotensin II are lowered, arteries relax and blood pressure is lowered.
- Q What should I avoid while taking benazepril?
- Q Does benazepril interact with other medications or foods?
- Q What side effects does Benazepril (Lotensin) cause?
- Q How soon after taking benazepril will my symptoms improve?
- Q How should I take benazepril?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of benazepril?