Does fosinopril-hydrochlorothiazide interact with other medications?

Fosinopril-hydrochlorothiazide is a prescription medicine that treats high blood pressure. Many medications can interact with fosinopril -hydrochlorothiazide and intensify side effects or decrease effectiveness. Do not take digoxin, dofetilide or ketanserin with fosinopril-hydrochlorotgiazide because of the increased risk for irregular heartbeat. Combination of this drug with angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) increase the risk of kidney damage. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) drugs such as ibuprofen decrease the effectiveness of fosinopril-hydrochlorothiazide. Do not take cholestyramine or colestipo at the same time as fosinopril -hydrochlorothiazide. Talk to your doctor before using a salt substitute that contains potassium. Before starting fosinopril -hydrochlorothiazide, you should discuss with your doctor any medications you are currently taking, and not take additional medications without talking to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What are some common ACE inhibitor drug names?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors) are used to treat heart disease. Examples ...
More Answers
What are ACE inhibitors?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) stop producti...
More Answers
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for coronary artery disease?
Donna Hill Howes, RNDonna Hill Howes, RN
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the hormone angiotensin 2. This limits the amount of sodi...
More Answers
Can I take angiotensin converting enyme (ACE) inhibitors if I'm pregnant?
Research shows that using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors during pregnancy, especiall...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.