Is enalapril safe for pregnant women to take?

Enalapril can cause serious injury and death to a fetus, especially during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. Exposure to enalapril can cause the fetus to have severely abnormal organ formation. This medicine should not be used by pregnant women, and should be stopped as soon as pregnancy is discovered. Tell your doctor if your are taking enalapril and plan to become pregnant.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...
Do ACE inhibitors have any drug interactions?
If you are taking the following drugs, ACE inhibitors can lead to side effects and should be avoided...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...