Can I use Vasotec if I am taking lithium?

You may be able to take the blood pressure drug Vasotec (enalapril) if you're on lithium, but your doctor may want to monitor you closely for side effects. Taking the drugs in combination may raise your blood level of lithium to dangerous heights. Your doctor may have your lithium levels tested regularly while you are on Vasotec. Alternatively, he or she may decide that Vasotec is not a good drug for you and advise you to take a different blood pressure medication instead.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

Can I take angiotensin converting enyme (ACE) inhibitors if I'm pregnant?
Research shows that using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors during pregnancy, especiall...
What are ACE inhibitor drugs for coronary artery disease management?
ACE inhibitors relax blood vessels by reducing the level of angiotensin II, a hormone that makes blo...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
How do ACE inhibitors help prevent stroke?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
ACE inhibitors (benazepril, enalapril) are medications commonly used to prevent ischemic stroke. The...