Can I use Vasotec if I am taking lithium?

You may be able to take the blood pressure drug Vasotec (enalapril) if you're on lithium, but your doctor may want to monitor you closely for side effects. Taking the drugs in combination may raise your blood level of lithium to dangerous heights. Your doctor may have your lithium levels tested regularly while you are on Vasotec. Alternatively, he or she may decide that Vasotec is not a good drug for you and advise you to take a different blood pressure medication instead.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How safe are ACE inhibitors?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
In general, ACE inhibitors are quite safe.ACE inhibitors lower blood pressure by blocking angiotensi...
What effects do ARBs and ACE inhibitors have on the aging process?
Mark C. Houston, MDMark C. Houston, MD
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are used...
What are ACE inhibitor drugs for heart failure management?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are recommended for all people with systolic heart fa...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...