Can I use Accupril if I have a history of kidney disease?

You should not take the blood pressure medication Accupril (quinapril) if you have a condition known as renal artery stenosis in one or both kidneys, in which the artery leading to your kidney is constricted. Taking Accupril could cause kidney failure.

Make sure your doctor knows about any other kidney condition you have before you begin taking Accupril. Based on the details of your condition, your doctor will decide whether Accupril is safe for you to take, and at what dose. Your body's reaction to Accupril should be regularly monitored. Take the medication exactly as prescribed and alert your doctor if you develop any side effects.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor