Can I take Vasotec if I am on a diuretic?

You may be able to take the blood pressure medication Vasotec (enalapril) if you're on a diuretic—in fact, these drugs are frequently prescribed together for congestive heart failure and hypertension. However, your doctor is likely to monitor your blood pressure when you start Vasotec to make sure that it doesn't get too low. To reduce this risk, your doctor may tell you to increase your salt intake. He or she may also tell you to stop taking one of the two drugs.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...
What should I know before taking ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...
What are ACE inhibitors?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
ACE inhibitors lower blood pressure by blocking angiotensin converting enzyme. This enzyme promotes ...
What are side effects of ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Natalia S. Rost, MDDr. Natalia S. Rost, MD
Side effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors include: Persistent dry cough; altere...