Can I take Vasotec if I am on a diuretic?

You may be able to take the blood pressure medication Vasotec (enalapril) if you're on a diuretic—in fact, these drugs are frequently prescribed together for congestive heart failure and hypertension. However, your doctor is likely to monitor your blood pressure when you start Vasotec to make sure that it doesn't get too low. To reduce this risk, your doctor may tell you to increase your salt intake. He or she may also tell you to stop taking one of the two drugs.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

Do ACE inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking the following drugs, ACE inhibitors can lead to side effects and should be avoided...
Can I take angiotensin converting enyme (ACE) inhibitors if I'm pregnant?
Research shows that using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors during pregnancy, especiall...
What effects do ARBs and ACE inhibitors have on the aging process?
Mark C. Houston, MDMark C. Houston, MD
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are used...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...