What is an induction abortion?

Induction abortion is a method used generally in the second trimester to induce abortion, as an alternative method to dilation and curettage (D&C). In induction abortion, a lethal injection is usually used to cause fetal death, and labor is induced to expel it. There may be some pain, and an overnight stay in the hospital or clinic may be recommended. 

Continue Learning about Abortion

How can I prepare for an abortion?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
It's natural to feel anxiety and anticipation before your appointment, as you might before any medic...
What are the side effects of taking the abortion pill?
The abortion pill to end a pregnancy causes symptoms similar to an early miscarriage. The medication...
What should I keep in mind before deciding on abortion?
For some of us, the possibility of learning more about our developing baby during pregnancy makes us...
Naya Rivera Talks About Her Abortion
Naya Rivera Talks About Her Abortion