What is an induction abortion?

Induction abortion is a method used generally in the second trimester to induce abortion, as an alternative method to dilation and curettage (D&C). In induction abortion, a lethal injection is usually used to cause fetal death, and labor is induced to expel it. There may be some pain, and an overnight stay in the hospital or clinic may be recommended. 

Continue Learning about Abortion

What should I expect at an abortion clinic?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
While some doctors' offices and some clinics rarely attract protesters, at others they are not uncom...
What is the incidence of abortion in midlife?
Abortion is safe and currently legal in the United States, although, depending on where you live and...
How can I find an abortion provider?
Abortion is legal in all U.S. states; however, accessibility depends on which state you live in, how...
Naya Rivera Talks About Her Abortion
Naya Rivera Talks About Her Abortion