Who is a candidate for a tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Patients who are excellent candidates for tummy tuck have abdominal skin laxity and rectus diastasis. There needs to be enough skin from above the belly button or umbilicus to the suprapubic region to perform a full abdominoplasty procedure. Patients should be in good medical health and no longer have future pregnancies. 

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

Can a tummy tuck be done more than once?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
If the patient loses a significant amount of weight after the original tummy tuck, then it may be po...
When should I call my doctor if I have an abdominoplasty?
After an abdominoplasty, the patient should call the doctor immediately for signs of bleeding, infec...
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?