Who is a candidate for a tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Patients who are excellent candidates for tummy tuck have abdominal skin laxity and rectus diastasis. There needs to be enough skin from above the belly button or umbilicus to the suprapubic region to perform a full abdominoplasty procedure. Patients should be in good medical health and no longer have future pregnancies. 

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What type of scars are present after a tummy tuck?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The final scarring after a tummy tuck can be unpredictable. Scarring can vary from a fine thin line ...
How can I prepare myself for a tummy tuck?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
The best way to prepare for surgery is to educate yourself about the procedure you are planning to u...
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?