What type of scars are present after a tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The final scarring after a tummy tuck can be unpredictable. Scarring can vary from a fine thin line to a thick hypertrophic, discolored, and widespread scar. Scarring is the major tradeoff for a flatter and tighter abdomen. Our patients are instructed on the possibility of keloids, hypertrophic scars, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, widespread scars, and need for scar therapy and/or revision. 

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

When will my doctor remove stitches following a tummy tuck?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
After a tummy tuck, I prefer to leave sutures in for fourteen to twenty-one days in order to pre...
When should I call my doctor if I have an abdominoplasty?
After an abdominoplasty, the patient should call the doctor immediately for signs of bleeding, infec...
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?