What is the recovery time after a tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The recovery time after a tummy tuck depends on the size and extent of each individuals surgery. Normally, approximately 6-8 weeks is necessary to heal to the point of normal physical activity. The first week patients have drains in for removal of fluids and small amounts of blood. The sutures normally remain in for 14-17 days. The abdominal compression garment is worn for at least 6 weeks.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What are my options if I am unhappy with my tummy tuck results?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
During the first few weeks and months after surgery, your body is still trying to adjust, so don’t b...
What should I expect when recovering from a tummy tuck?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
A tummy tuck procedure involves making an incision just above the pubic hair line, removing the exce...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?