What are the benefits of diastasis recti surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The rectus diastasis is the lateral displacement of the rectus fascia and muscles usually after child birth. These two layers must be plicated at the same time as an abdominoplasty to yield the optimal results. Tightening of the fascia with permanent sutures allows for a tighter and flatter abdomen. It should also help improve posture concurrently. 
Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
The indications for repairing diastasis recti are usually cosmetic. Functional improvements such as improved posture, less low-back pain, and increased abdominal strength are by products of the surgery.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

How common are tummy tucks?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Tummy tucks are a common procedure that are performed in the United States. In fact, tens of thousan...
When should I call my doctor if I have an abdominoplasty?
After an abdominoplasty, the patient should call the doctor immediately for signs of bleeding, infec...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?