What are the benefits of diastasis recti surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The rectus diastasis is the lateral displacement of the rectus fascia and muscles usually after child birth. These two layers must be plicated at the same time as an abdominoplasty to yield the optimal results. Tightening of the fascia with permanent sutures allows for a tighter and flatter abdomen. It should also help improve posture concurrently. 

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

Is it safe to get a tummy tuck surgery if I have an umbilical hernia?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
It is absolutely safe to have a combined abdominoplasty and umbilical hernia repair concurrently. It...
When should I call my doctor if I have an abdominoplasty?
After an abdominoplasty, the patient should call the doctor immediately for signs of bleeding, infec...
When will my doctor remove stitches following a tummy tuck?
After a tummy tuck, I prefer to leave sutures in for fourteen to twenty-one days in order to pre...
Why do I need drainage tubes after a tummy tuck surgery?
After your tummy tuck, you should expect to have drainage tubes. These may not be pleasant, but ...