Can I have a tummy tuck if I plan on getting pregnant?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The best candidates for tummy tucks are women who have already had all their children. In a normal tummy tuck, the surgeon tightens the muscles that run vertically in the abdomen.

Since pregnancy stretches these muscles to accommodate a growing baby, we often don't tighten them if a woman still intends to have more children. Otherwise, this area might pull apart during pregnancy once again.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What are my options if I am unhappy with my tummy tuck results?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
During the first few weeks and months after surgery, your body is still trying to adjust, so don’t b...
What should I expect during a tummy tuck?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
In the preop area before tummy tuck surgery, your surgeon will draw a line on the middle of your...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?