Can I have a tummy tuck if I plan on getting pregnant?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The best candidates for tummy tucks are women who have already had all their children. In a normal tummy tuck, the surgeon tightens the muscles that run vertically in the abdomen.

Since pregnancy stretches these muscles to accommodate a growing baby, we often don't tighten them if a woman still intends to have more children. Otherwise, this area might pull apart during pregnancy once again.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What is the recovery time after a tummy tuck?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The recovery time after a tummy tuck depends on the size and extent of each individuals surgery. Nor...
Can a tummy tuck be done before having children?
Normally a tummy tuck is performed on women whom are finished having children. The rectus muscle (2 ...
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?