What will my scar look like from abdominoplasty surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Scarring from abdominoplasties can range from excellent to horrible. There is no guarantee as to the final appearance of your scar. If you do develop a keloid and/or hypertrophic scarring, I recommend a dermatologist inject steroids early on if you are a candidate. Speak with a well-informed board-certified dermatologist who does injections of Kenalog or other steroids.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

When should I call my doctor if I have an abdominoplasty?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
After an abdominoplasty, the patient should call the doctor immediately for signs of bleeding, infec...
How is a full tummy tuck performed?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
In a full tummy tuck, an incision is made in the lower abdomen. If there are no scars on the low...
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?