What are my options if I am unhappy with my tummy tuck results?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Initially the patient should discuss her results with her original plastic surgeon. Be specific and descriptive as to what it is that you are unhappy with. Problems can include scarring, residual fat or lipodystrophy in the lower flap, or increase in protuberance of the hip area due to incomplete or inadequate suctioning of the iliac crest wall hip region. If you still have confidence in your surgeon, consider after a reasonable period of time, up to 1 year, that scar revisions can be performed around the umbilicus or the lower C-section-like scar, and liposuctioning of the lower flap or hips can be performed. With our patient's that have large abdominoplasties, we often tell them that a second stage will be required in order to perform liposuction of the flap, as well as possible scar revisions in order to make them completely satisfied. It is important that the plastic surgeon inform the patient with staging procedures before the original surgery, as to reduce anxiety and stress subsequently.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

how is fat harvesting used in cosmetic procedures ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Fat grafting is becoming ever more popular in cosmetic procedures. Autologous fat grafting may be pe...
what is a tummy tuck ?
A tummy tuck procedure usually requires 3 layers of correction of the abdominal wall. Primarily, ski...
is there an age limit for cosmetic stomach procedures ?
Cosmetic stomach procedures usually include liposuction versus abdominoplasty. The age limit is norm...
what should i expect during a tummy tuck ?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
In the preop area before tummy tuck surgery, your surgeon will draw a line on the middle of your...