How long does a tummy tuck take to perform?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The hours of a tummy tuck in surgery depends upon the size of the tummy. The average tummy tuck takes approximately 1-2 hours. Larger panniculectomies can take 3-4 hours depending upon the amount of skin to be removed, contouring of the hips, and the thighs (if necessary).

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

How can I prepare myself for a tummy tuck?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
The best way to prepare for surgery is to educate yourself about the procedure you are planning to u...
Why would a tummy tuck be done in two different surgeries?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
One of the things that surprise many patients is when their doctor suggests that the abdominal s...
Is it painful to have drainage tubes removed after tummy tuck surgery?
There is a myth circulating through the rumor mill that pulling out the drain tubes is painful. ...
What is a tummy tuck?
Mark Sisco, MDMark Sisco, MD
A tummy tuck is designed to improve the shape of the abdomen by removing excess skin, excess fat, an...