Can liposuction be performed with a tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Liposuction can certainly be performed with a tummy tuck. In fact, the majority of abdominoplasty that I perform are with liposuction of the hips and often the medial and lateral thighs. The abdominal flap should Not be sculpted during the tummy tuck to prevent possible devascularization and flap necrosis. The upper abdomen and epigastrium may be suctioned safely in 3-4 months after tummy tuck.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What is the recovery time after a tummy tuck?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The recovery time after a tummy tuck depends on the size and extent of each individuals surgery. Nor...
How much excess skin do I need to qualify for a tummy tuck?
Some patients come to my office complaining of laxity, or looseness, of the skin around the bell...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?