Can liposuction be performed with a tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Liposuction can certainly be performed with a tummy tuck. In fact, the majority of abdominoplasty that I perform are with liposuction of the hips and often the medial and lateral thighs. The abdominal flap should Not be sculpted during the tummy tuck to prevent possible devascularization and flap necrosis. The upper abdomen and epigastrium may be suctioned safely in 3-4 months after tummy tuck.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

Is a tummy tuck part of the surgery to repair diastasis recti?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Normally, when performing a tummy tuck, we repair or plicate the rectus muscle fascia. The rectus di...
When will my doctor remove stitches following a tummy tuck?
After a tummy tuck, I prefer to leave sutures in for fourteen to twenty-one days in order to pre...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?